Disclaimer

The contents of this Web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Note: I have returned to the U.S. due to family issues. My last day in Kenya was Aug. 7th, 2009. I still have pictures and stories to share, so additional posts will appear as time permits.
I had a wonderful experience in Kenya and would like to share with anyone that is interested. Paul

Friday, August 7, 2009

Peace Corps Trainees 4th of July picnic


As you can see our class did find time to party. This Independence Day celebration took place at the Outward Bound compound near Loitokitok. This was our getaway place, as well as where weekly classes were held when we had visitors from the Peace Corps Kenya Headquaters. We all donated time and money for the provisions, including cooking chapate (think soft shell tacos), bean burgers and making guacamole. I believe we all had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment