Disclaimer

The contents of this Web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Note: I have returned to the U.S. due to family issues. My last day in Kenya was Aug. 7th, 2009. I still have pictures and stories to share, so additional posts will appear as time permits.
I had a wonderful experience in Kenya and would like to share with anyone that is interested. Paul

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Only 2 weeks before departure

Can't quite believe that 2 weeks from tomorrow I'll be embarking on the first leg of my trip to become a Volunteer for the Peace Corps. I accepted this invitation on April 2nd. These past 6 weeks have flown by, and yet there is still so much to do.

Before this adventure, I have taught for the American Red Cross, and have been a substitute teacher for the Marana Unified School District, near Tucson. Due to my French ancestry, many students have difficulty pronouncing my surname, so I am usually known as Mr E., hence the title of this blog.

In preparation to become a Peace Corps Volunteer I have been exercising to improve my stamina and strength. Thanks to the kickboxing classes I received from Marianne Morrill, instructor and owner of Kenpo Karate in Marana, some gains have been made, along with the pain. Ma'am, as she is known in her classes, seems able to make it a very enjoyable experience, no matter how sore or tired I am at the conclusion of her class.

Hopefully, in return I hope I can relay my experiences as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Kenya. Of course, this all depends on the facilities available in the community where I will be living and working.

No comments:

Post a Comment